Making sustainable decisions
Shaping simply green fgood. For today and beyond.
E ach and every one of our real estate projects we plan with sustainability in mind. Because we have one planet, that's all.
S ocial issues belong right in the middle of our working world. Trust, joy, diversity and good togetherness are enormously important.
G reat opportunities for the whole company. We work in a completely different way, with more freedom for everyone. New work and transformation taking place now.
ESG in Focus
We believe that sustainable businesses are the future and we see that developing sustainable business models helps us to make the group more resilient to external influences. This was particularly noticeable in this year, which was driven by inflation, war, high construction prices, the interest rate turnaround and the energy crisis.
That is why we have further strengthened the focus on ESG and digitalisation in our corporate strategy. We have set ourselves ambitious ESG targets that now accompany us in every real estate project and in all important business areas. We understand ESG as a transformation process and are working on measuring our sustainability performance and optimising it from day to day.
"In 2022, we took an important step towards ESG strategy, as we decided to adapt our corporate strategy to the ever-growing importance of ESG. Now we can look forward to 2023 with confidence as the focus is on a sustainable organisation. We are convinced that investing in ESG will be a no-brainer and decisive success factor for our organisation and our environment in the long term", Andreas Köttl, CEO
"For us, joy is a driving force. It not only makes our projects and products exceptional, but also gives us the courage to take on every new challenge. We are committed to ensuring that future generations can also benefit from our sustainable living spaces, which we create today with responsibility and care." Michael Griesmayr, Founder & Chairman
"In these turbulent times, there is one constant - the need for innovation and change. From the energy transition to climate protection, from global supply chain issues to sharp price increases - it's time for bold action. That's why we have put our innovation power on a broad footing, because we are convinced that this is the foundation for sustainable success in all areas. With the Innovation Board and the Innovation Drivers from all units, we manage to pull this innovation power through the entire company and create enthusiasm for this important topic", Sabine Müller, CINO
Our ESG measures
- in implementation
- not yet implemented
- for each project
Development: Our ESG minimum standards
Our projects follow clear quality and sustainability standards.
- Green Buildings: Designing green real estate
- Clean Energy: Using Clean Energy
- Land use: Preserving living space
- Circular economy: Closing cycles
- projects pre-certified
- projects Platin / Outstanding
- projects Gold / Excellent
ESG Strategy - Our focus areas
The development and implementation of innovative future-oriented solutions is an essential driver of sustainability.
EnvironmentClimate protection, circular economy, clean energy, land use, waste prevention
SocialWorking Environment, Diversity & Inclusion, Customer Orientation
GovernanceCorporate Governance, Innovation & Digitalisation
- Climate protection: We reduce our C02 footprint and strive for 100% C0-2 neutrality across the entire value chain.
- Circular economy: We opt for sustainable products in procurement and focus on the reuse of building materials.
- Clean energy: We focus on the development and efficient use of renewable and clean energy.
- Land use: We create sustainable upgrading of the site on an economic, ecological and social level, paying particular attention to the careful use of land.
- Waste avoidance: We conserve resources by avoiding, reducing and recycling waste in line with the Reduce, Reuse and Recycle principle.
- Working environment: We promote the creativity and further training of our employees and focus on their well-being.
- Diversity and integration: We see the diversity of our employees as an opportunity for greater innovative strength.
- Customer orientation: Our central goal is customer satisfaction with long-term customer relationships based on partnership.
- Corporate Governance: Our competitiveness is ensured through ESG-compliant actions We only grow to the extent that our internal structures allow.
Our sustainability key figures
Here are a few highlights from the ESG report
- average age
- paperless office
- renewable energy
- female leaders
- ÖGNI Gold Zertifikat
- green roof
- of all managers between 30-50 years
- sustainable procurement
We love partnerships
Because together we are stronger.
We value long-term partnerships very highly - at eye level, with appreciation and the firm conviction that we can inspire our customers and partners again and again. We are members of forward-looking associations that we believe make an important contribution to the industry and to the future. Because together we can use synergies, learn from each other and move things more easily.
Our internal Code of Conduct forms the basis of our work and our actions. It defines our ethical and moral standards and gives our employees a clear guideline for their daily actions.
By signing the Diversity Charter, we are sending a clear signal for diversity and inclusion in our company. We promote a corporate culture characterised by mutual respect and appreciation.
In addition, we are guided by the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and the UN-Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in our international business dealings and contracts. These guidelines and principles support us in conducting our business activities responsibly and in accordance with internationally recognised standards. Our internal policies reflect our values and principles and give them concrete form.