Pre-Opening Manager:in (all genders)
- Permanent position, full time
- Value One Hospitality
- Publication date
Value One develops and manages real estate projects and city districts that offer more: more visions, more quality of life, more joy. We think outside the box, create new things and invest in sustainability. Our mission is to set new standards and delight our clients with everything we do. That’s why we need a strong team.
For the expansion of our professional Hotel operations team, our companie value one hospitality GmbH is looking for an unbeatable personality with a flair for empathy and a friendly disposition at our headquarters in Vienna at the earliest date possible for the following position:
Pre-Opening Manager:in (all genders)
with joy for the pre-opening of our innovative lifestyle hotels
Your roles and responsibilities
- Prepare and present pre-opening process presentation to Owners and hotel operations team, explain the various stages and nuances of pre-opening, including the standard requirements and compliances that are required
- Develop pre-opening business plans for all pre-opening hotels and assisting hotel GM, DOSM to establish first operational business plan
- To conduct pre-opening meetings with Ownership & Project team and provide them with necessary inputs
- To ensure that the project and the operation team comply to all pre-opening processes, operational brand standards, insurance requirements etc.
- Must ensure that the planning of all BOH areas are completed on time and in accordance with operational requirement, coordinating the same with the Facility Planning consultant
- Coordination with all other disciplines within Value One Hospitality Group to timely execute pre-opening support, e.g. requesting to start the recruitment process for general manager
- Solely responsible for conducting the General Manager orientation for upcoming properties, ensuring that there is a fair amount of understanding in terms of the brand statutory requirements and all reporting formats
- Using corporate templates for all pre-opening documents, which includes list of operating supplies, insurance checklist, pre-opening budget etc.
- Develop the pre-opening budget for each hotel along with CFO, HR and Commercial Services
- To coordinate with Technical Services and Development team to ensure homogeneity in pre-opening reporting numbers, and regularly update project status
- To formulate and coordinate pre-opening hotel suspensions and terminations
- At least 3 years in a general manager or deputy hotel manager position or Director of Sales and Marketing or Revenue Manager VP
- At least one hotel pre-opening or opening of a lifestyle hotel
- A emotional practitioner of Impact related (ESG) activities
- Practices positive pro-active communications across all hierarchies and technological platforms
- Fluent in German language
- Commercial knowledge for coordinating together with corporate commercial team and the pre-opening team the formulation of hotel launching campaign and the business plan. Understand the positioning of the Brand, services provided and how customer needs can be met and be capable of closing business.
- Understanding the strategic impact of brand positioning, brand architecture how products and services offered compare within the competitive market for targeted market segments.
- Profound computer knowledge with MS office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Sound knowledge of hotel departmental organization and operational workflow, with capabilities for reviewing architectural drawings during project planning phase and to provide valuable input to optimize back and front of house planning.
- Financially knowledgeable about typical hospitality ratios and KPI’s, capable to establish pre-opening budgets and assisting the pre-opening teams to establish the operational financial planning and operational budget.
- Leadership and communication skills to lead pre-opening general managers together with the teams.
- Presentation skills for conducting kick-off meetings for Owner, GM orientation and brand orientation for pre-opening teams.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs, self-management, put first things first and effectively manage resources and time.
- Negotiation skills to understand the cost/benefits of prospective business and vendor contracts and negotiates contracts which result in mutually beneficial outcomes.
What to expect from Value One
- Exciting field of duties with the opportunity for creative freedom and development
- We are a team: Flat hierarchies, communication at eye level and hands-on mentality
- High degree of creative freedom and personal responsibility
- Internal and external training and development opportunities
- Home office option, up to six days per month
- Flexitime with very moderate core hours
- Award-winning office in Tribüne 2 in the immediate vicinity of the Green Prater with good infrastructure (U2 Krieau)
- Daily meal allowance for our excellent DO & CO Bistro
The yearly salary for this full-time position is dependent on your individual qualification and professional experience. We are offering a market-conform salary based on your former professional experience. If you meet the above-mentioned requirements, you can expect a gross salary of EUR 65.000,-- per year (all-in).